Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.
Instead of weeks until Christmas Day, we are counting days. Yet, I am still stringing lights and wrapping beribboned garland around the staircase. I marvel at organized people who finish decorating, wrapping their gifts, picking up holiday appetizers from the caterer or store, and relaxing by the fire… everything all done. When I do finish hanging wreaths and fluffing Christmas pillows, I will spend at least two days retying bows and moving everything around.
Christmas, however, is not about busyness. It is about peace.
A gloriously impossible Baby was born in an unimaginable stable (picture a cavern with animals) in Bethlehem. A teenaged mother gave birth to the King of Kings, His arrival announced by a singing chorus of angels. How amazing!
Because I believe and claim the blessings of Christ’s birth, I choose to stay focused on the message of peace, ignoring the hubbub. You can, too.
We each have the power to manifest His love, the one certain Christmas gift we can all share. To multiply the love Christ has given us, please claim these affirmations with me:
1. The journey from today 'til Christmas is a journey filled with joy, miracles, and thanksgiving. I am soothed and reassured by the marvelous wonder that, with God, nothing is impossible.
2. Peace is God’s gift, wrapped up in Jesus Christ and presented to me. I receive Him and open my heart to His peace, calming every molecule of my being.
3. Despite any conflict, chaos or strife I see around me, I claim His peace in my heart, in my life, and in my surroundings.
4. Countdown: however many days there are until Christmas will not cause stress. That number of days will become the number of things I thank God for today.
5. Like that mighty chorus of angels, I glorify Him for the victory He gives. The song of the angels rings in my heart,
6. I allow the light of Christ to shine through my eyes, my expressions, my words, and my demeanor.
7. In my heart, I refuse to allow guilt, chaos, fear, or negative thoughts to dispel my joy. I sing the wonderful song of the heavenly messengers: Glory to God in the highest and in my life peace, continually.